Pages

Thursday, July 21

Product Review: Nanny Rose's Sticks and Pulls





     I used to shave unwanted hairs especially on my underarms before but I found out that shaving may cause chicken skin. That's when I decided to go to a waxing salon to have my underarms waxed. I find it too costly that's why I tried this option of waxing my own underarms. I discovered Epilin Hair Remover last year which is really effective in removing unwanted hairs but then I find it difficult to use since it needs to be be heated first in order for the wax to adhere to the skin and because of that, I sometimes end up with a slightly burnt skin after using it :( Sometime this year, I saw boxes of Nanny Rose's Sticks and Pulls at Watsons. I read that it can be used as is so I bought it. It comes in three sizes. I think the largest costs around Php300.00 and the smallest, which I bought, costs Php99.00. A box contains a jar of wax, 3 washable fabric strips, and 2 wooden spatulas. 

What it looks like. It is primarily made of honey! You can tell by just smelling it.

          What I like about this wax is that it can be used hot or cold and is also made up of natural ingredients which is a plus for those who have sensitive skin.  I immediately tried it after buying. So how did I use it? I spread the wax on my underarm (without heating it), pressed the fabric strip and pulled it from the bottom upwards. I admit that it did not completely removed my underarm hair  and that I need to repeat the procedure once again. But overall, I like this product! It works for me, it's painless, and it's cheap! I use it 2-3 times a month for two months now and I still have 1/4 product left. By the way, I have to remind you to make sure that you close the jar very well after using it and that you clean it as well. Remember, this product contains honey! On my first use, I left mine with some wax residues in the container and upon seeing it the next day, I see some ants on it! So clean, clean, clean the jar very well!


That's it for today's review. Have a nice day! :)

2 comments:

  1. @ Nadine hello dear! Yes you should definitely try it. It's cheap and it works well. :)

    ReplyDelete